INTERNET BASED MATH PRACTICE: To find these websites from any device that can access the internet just go to the Spooner Area School District home page. www.spooner.k12.wi.us. Click the link for STUDENTS > SES STUDENTS > ELEMENTARY LINKS AND FAVORITES
Additional websites that 1st through 4th graders may want to explore:
· www.hoodamath.com : Math Games on HoodaMath.com have integrated Common Core State Standards. They also have a nice list of apps for iPad, iPod and Android.
www.Mathplayground.com : Math Playground is a popular learning site
filled with math games, logic puzzles, step-by-step instructional videos, math
practice, and a variety of problem solving activities. A favorite of parents
and teachers, Math Playground provides a very safe place for kids to learn and
explore math concepts online at their own pace.
· www.Coolmath4Kids.com : For ages 12 and under, Coolmath4Kids is an amusement park of math, games, and more, designed to teach math and make it FUN
· http://www.funbrain.com/brain/MathBrain/MathBrain.html - Students select Boy or Girl and a grade level then they work their way through math activities to move their playing piece. The website generates a code to save their progress and is used next time the student logs in.
· http://www.fuelthebrain.com/games/ -This site has a number of fun math activities. Horseracing, basketball practice and other sports help kids to review their math facts.
· INTERNET FOR CLASSROOMS has indexed a number of helpful links to other websites categorized by grade level and subject. There is a lot of content here to explore. - http://www.internet4classrooms.com/grade_level_help.htm
o http://www.internet4classrooms.com/assistance.htm - Here you will find Practice Math Tests sorted by grade level. This Grade 2 link for instance goes to the review questions from our math textbooks. http://www.eduplace.com/kids/mhm/testprep/gr2/
· http://www.abc.net.au/countusin/default.htm COUNT US IN: Games designed to help children understand basic number concepts.
· http://www.mathchimp.com/ -- When you click on a grade level you will see a sample screenshot of the activity and a short description. Links take students to other websites which are all Common Core aligned.
· http://www.aplusmath.com/Flashcards/Addition.html This clean and simple website has flashcards that students can choose what type of operation to work on, and limit the number of facts (10 to 100). When they are done, the score is listed below the card. Next they can make changes and Restart.