Most of our systems need headphones to be able to hear the audio. Here are a few of the programs & web-links we like to use for math. Kindergartners have been practicing an “in house” program: Trudy’s Time and Place House. Look at the top of the START menu. Just open the program on top of whatever is already open.
Additional websites that all students may want to explore:
- · http://www.coolmath.com/ : Mrs. Rubesch has these first three linked on her blog page.
- · http://www.mathisfun.com/ : The activities with money show currency from around the world.
- · http://www.mathplayground.com/ : There are ads around the edges, but click on the black squares for the activities.
· http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/math.htm : Lots of choices on a nice clean page, there is also an “ad free” version available. Mrs. Smith has this one linked on her blog page.
· www.hoodamath.com : Math Games on HoodaMath.com have integrated Common Core State Standards. They also have a nice list of apps for iPad, iPod and Android.
· http://pbskids.org/games/123/ : Great for kindergarten and 1st graders.
· http://pbskids.org/games/math/ : 152 activities for kids of all ages.