Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Reading at the Public Library

I stopped at the Spooner Memorial Library today to pick up a few items and browse through the book sale. I found a copy of the seventh, and final, Harry Potter book; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in good condition that I thought we could use at the elementary school. 


Then I moved into the children area where I filled my bookbag with lots of interesting picture books to think about new titles & authors to recommend for our school library. Such fun!


Next thing I knew there was a student asking me how to sign up for the summer reading program. How wonderful it was to see her. We found someone to help her get signed up, and then she was off riding her bike again. Pretty soon, two more students appeared, and they too were signing up for the summer reading program. Hooray!


My pick of the day is a paperback book called Books can be Deceiving: A Library Lover's Mystery by Jenn McKinlay who also writes the Cupcake Bakery Mysteries. This is a new author for me, but I love mysteries, especially those with a theme like the Goldy Bear Culinary series by Diane Mott Davidson. 


Happy Reading & all you kids -- go visit the public library. It's a great place to meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment